To sleep in the arms of rain.


The world goes quiet.

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep this happens. I can still hear everything that is going on around me, but it is quiet. Subtly muted. Then I realize what it going on and I break the spell. Sound comes back into the equation, and I usually think to myself, "Time to start falling asleep all over again."

It never happens twice.

The second time the world fades I'm asleep.

The music plays softly. Her arms. Dear god her arms wrapped around me. I hear the music fading. I know, I just know that I should fall asleep, but this moment, I want every part of it. I think, "Don't lose this, don't lose this, never forget this, dedicate this one to deep deep memory. This is important. Burn it."

The sound keeps slipping. I hold her closer and breathe in everything I can remember.

-

She is right next to me the whole time.

Just like she said she would be.

And I can think of nothing that I love better. To know that she is there, with me, having just as much fun as I am.

-

She sits and listens to b. read a story.

-

She.

-

She.

-

She says, "Good morning." With that smile. Those eyes.

I just want to see those eyes.

-

The sun is behind grey skies. Rain is coming down. The smell is intoxicating. The sound means spring is coming. I open a window to take it all in. I turn on Black Joe Lewis because he makes her laugh, and I love the sound of her laugh. Today that I know that she is down. I know that those eyes are sad today. So I think of her in delight, laughing, smile, embrace. It brings a smile to my face. The smell of her hair, confuses with the scent of rain. The sound of the rain is her words.

Spring is in the air.

Spring is in her.

To sleep.

File under vice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time is always far too short with you.

Gabe said...

I know. But what can you do about it.

Anonymous said...

Give me a clock and a sledgehammer, and I'll show you.

Yours.

Anonymous said...

Give me a clock and a sledgehammer; I'll show you.

Yours.