Looking Skyward

We look to the sky imploring that God will give us what we want.


And more often than not, we don't get it.


And that is ok.


There isn't a whole lot of money coming my way. I'm not famous as a writer, musician, or anything else for that matter. I am allowed to be part of the mass. Maybe a part that sticks out a little more than some other people. But don't we all have a niche, a little "market" that is specific to us. A group of friends that finds us interesting.


We aren't as special as we would like to think.


Well maybe you are, but I'm not.


And I like that.


I like that I'm just a person. That sometimes I'm nameless and faceless. I don't mind being on a stage, singing my guts out, hearing people cheer and slam each other around. But on the street, I want to be like you. I want to wear badges that tell the rest of the world who I am, but I don't need to really be SOMEONE. I don't need to be recognized for anything other than, "A guy that is 'like that.'"


The accolades that I'm looking for aren't from here.


For once in my life I'm looking skyward, and asking what He wants.


Its working for me. I have a new life, a new direction, and I allow it to develop slowly. I allow time for life to just take its course. I've stopped forcing the issue, and as a consequence life is good. Sometimes hard, sometimes complicate, sometimes painful, but always good.


And that is new.


And that is nice.


File under Virtue.

3 comments:

To. said...

It is nice.
I like it too. it's like... you were made to be a man, and you are living as a man. And that's it. A simple man- like Lynyrd Skynyrd sings it.
John Eldredge said that freedom is letting the world experience the full brunt of who you are. (who you truly are).

Gabe said...

Sometimes I wonder if the world is ready for the full brunt of me, LOL! But those are some amazing words to live by.

To. said...

you shut yo mouf!
You were not an accident- you were made to be a certain type of... um agent? If you are not, you deprive us all.