Burning Mind.

The work day was fine.

And then I saw them. The flashes and burst at the corners of my eyes.

It has been so long that I didn't even realize what was about to happen.

I haven't had a migraine in at least a few years. And then there it was right in the middle of work. They are crippling. If you haven't ever had one, count yourself amongst the lucky. I was following Va. around the restaurant trying to take in all of his instructions and thinking to myself, "Am I about to pass out." Like lightning in my mind, these burst of pain. My gorge rises and I move back onto the line and try to concentrate through the whole thing.

I can't.

I help Mi. with a few tickets and there is a lull in the action.

I go to our bathroom. At first I sit on the toilet. Soon I turn off the light. Then I lay on the floor. I haven't felt this way since the last time I was hammered drunk. The room is spinning and there is nothing less than suicide on my mind. I want to die. In that moment I just want to die because my head hurt so much.

Then I feel it all rise up.

An quick breakfast pours into the toilet. A waste of food.

And then slight relief. I spend the rest of my day feeling like I'm nursing a hideous hangover.

I survived. I hope that never happens again.

My god no more of these, please no more of there.

File under nothing.

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Thanks for the comment, I hope you keep reading.